(urth) First Exodus theory revised

Gerry Quinn gerryq at indigo.ie
Thu Feb 10 17:43:18 PST 2011

From: "António Pedro Marques" <entonio at gmail.com>
> Gerry Quinn wrote:
>> We also have the issue that Kypris's instincts regarding Silk seem other
>>  than parental.  Now we can allow the Gods a certain license in such
>> matters if we have to, but all the same it is an argument against the
>> theory.
>
> I don't think it is an argument either for or against. The gods are
> strange
> enough that nothing can be concluded from it, and incest is not at all
> unexpected in this context, even historically among humans.
>
> If Silk isn't Typhon and Kypris's son, then there are no candidates for
> his parents. (This has nothing to do with the question of Kypris being
> Mamelta or not.)

Like Mucor's, they probably met in a Petri dish.

Now I think of it, Silk had a vision of his biological parents.  Was it the
Outsider that showed him this, or Mainframe?  Because if it was Mainframe,
you'd think they must have lived on the Whorl!  I suppose Mainframe could
have been provided with a database containing such information from Urth,
though.

- Gerry Quinn