(urth) Inhumi in the Whorl

Gerry Quinn gerryq at indigo.ie
Wed Feb 9 11:45:28 PST 2011

From: "Lee Berman" <severiansola at hotmail.com>

>>Gerry Quinn:  But how could they have infected the Whorl with inhumi
>>uising dream travel?
>>(Nor do time travel or bodily possession appear useful in this regard.)
>>I don't see how they could have got to Green from Blue using dream travel
>>either.  It seems to me they must have had spaceships of some kind.
>>They could have got their astral bodies to Green by travelling with inhumi
>>who had come from there.  But they'd have had no reason to build a city
>>there, because their own physical bodies would have been sleeping back on
>>Earth.
>
> If I understand James correctly, when Inhumi dream travel to Urth they
> become human. Not
> just some ethereal dream-substance but fully, fleshly human, able to have
> eat, have sex
> produce gastric juices, seminal fluid, ova, etc.
>
> So, what do inhumi and Neighbors become when they dream travel between
> other worlds
> including Blue, Green and the Whorl?

Neighbours become Neighbours, just as humans become humans   Inhumi become
whatever species they are imitating.

Essentially, dream travellers take on the shape of their souls.  Scylla
travels in a raven, but in dream travel she is human.  But normally, human
bodies house human souls.

Inhumi are an exceptional case.

- Gerry Quinn