(urth) Inhumi in the Whorl

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 11:36:52 PST 2011

> Roy-
> Silkhorn believed that the Neighbors had spaceships:
>
> "Eventually the Vanished People found some means of crossing the abyss to
> Green. Perhaps they built landers of their own -- I believe that they must
> have." (IGJ, 353)

Corrrection: The Rajan believed it necessary that the Neighbors ONCE had
space ships. Indeed, it does seem logical that the Vanished People did
not use dream-travel to travel to Green the FIRST TIME--which is what
the Rajan is talking about here. They would have had to encounter inhumi
before they could use dream-travel.

But there is no evidence, that they use any other means in any
contemporary sense. The Rajan has as much traffic with the Neighbors as
anyone and yet he does not know of any spaceships still in existence.
Otherwise, why go fight inhumi for a Whorl lander?  Also, if he knew of
the Neighbors had spacecraft currently, there would be no doubt (as he
implies there is) that the Neighbors used some physical means to go to
Green initially.

u+16b9