(urth) grumble at wolfe comment made attached to guardianarticle

Gerry Quinn gerryq at indigo.ie
Tue Feb 8 19:36:21 PST 2011

I forgot about that.

But one or both could have an elliptical orbit.

Again, I don't know whether precession would make this unrealistic or not.  And 35000 leagues is incredibly, dangerously close for two Earth-sized planets.

But in terms of basic mechanics, a series of conjunctions should be possible (for story purposes, I think it would probably be sufficient if the series lasted a few centuries).

- Gerry Quinn