(urth) grumble at wolfe comment made attached to guardianarticle

Gerry Quinn gerryq at indigo.ie
Tue Feb 8 01:24:12 PST 2011

From: <hammstu at sbcglobal.net>

> So...how DID Quetzal get aboard the Whorl????

The Neighbours brought inhumi to the Whorl.  We are told in Chapter 11 of
_Return to the Whorl_:

Then, "Sometime back like you I go, mysire?"

"Back to Viron, you mean, Vadsig?"

"To Viron, yes, mysire. Also to Grotestad. To go to the Long Sun Whorl I
would like. Always of it you talk, and cook, and my old master and mistress.
In Grotestad they were born, mysire, but never it I have seen."

I told her it was possible she would.

"There the Vanished People went?"

I nodded.

"To greet us it was?"

"You might put it so, though they were sensible enough to find out a good
deal about us - and infect us with inhumi -"

- Gerry Quinn