(urth) (no subject)

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 15 17:44:44 PST 2011

>Jordon Flato: I was just so intrigued by all of the possibilities raised by everyone
>and the possible permutations of dream travel/soul enshrining etc etc that I
>couldn't resist throwing that wrench out there for the proverbial monkey works.

Such open conversation works for me. Got me familiarized with a horny version of Moses
I wasn't previously familiar with (though I was familiar with the idea of jews having
devil horns as James noted; it was used to good comedic effect in the movie Borat)

>James Wynn: If the Koran has a conceptual error regarding Moses, it probably came from
>Christians.

Hm. Interesting point. Especially given current animosity between Muslims and Jews.

>David Stockhoff- You mean Typhon is one of those blond jock heroes we love to hate even
>though they are really decent enough, and Severian is a chainsmoking
>goth in black, the kind of rebel/antihero we love to love? I seem to
>recall Lancelot being like that. I think Wolfe has touched on that theme
>elsewhere.

LMAO David. But perhaps startlingly on the mark. (Sir Mordred as the Goth in Arthurian legend?)

>> maybe in the Sun Series things are just reversed from Christianity. The Outsider is a dark
>>God who casts sun and light gods as villains, while ours is a God of Light who casts the dark
>>gods of paganism as villains. Is finding balance what Jesus did for our universe? Grasping at
>>straws but...at least grasping.

>Depends what you mean by "things." But achieving "balance" could be
>called "conciliation." Even "reconciliation."

Yep, you get what I am grasping at. Maybe this is part of Wolfe's "non-traditional" view of
Christianity (or maybe it is more traditional than I know)

>Gerry Quinn: Yeah... it really brings the androgyny out ;-)

Ah well, as a gay artist, we have to expect a bit of homoeroticism in everything Michaelangelo did.