(urth) Are the Neighbors REALLY the Neighbors?

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 15 11:36:50 PST 2011

> Finally, Alexander, Midas, and Dionysus all have horns.

Dan'l Danehy-Oakes- Which also reminds me that Michelangelo famously depicted Moses with horns.

Oh sheesh, I hadn't heard of that. I wonder if Wolfe made the horned connection to Moses
(correct or not) with the possible Dionysian/Father Inire iteration Isangoma being associated
with the Mosaic Mt. Nebo.

Was a horned Moses a way of Michelangelo saying the jews have been made scapegoats?

The origin of that term seems to have come from the goat-associated fallen angel Azazel.

Prometheus, Azazel, Moses, Fenrir all seem to be mythological guys who received blame and were
punished by being bound to (or under) a rock. I guess Typhon also fits that category. Hints of
all these guys seem to peek from behind the bushes of BotNS.