(urth) Bloodsport

Marc Aramini marcaramini at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 10 11:33:40 PST 2011

Yeah.  I don't know that I have much insightful to say, I need to re-read it.  On one level I think it speaks of how any combat is just an accident of allegiances, but that's a weird message coming from Wolfe.  Chess, Allegory, I don't know.  I feel like it begs for explication.  Maybe I'll look at it again, but the queening process and the subsequent shift towards "overthrowing tyrants" is bizarre.