(urth) Inhumi in the Whorl

Gerry Quinn gerryq at indigo.ie
Wed Feb 9 16:43:13 PST 2011

From: "Lee Berman" <severiansola at hotmail.com>

>>Andrew Mason: This doesn't sound as if they are just now abandoning it.
>>They did so
>>a while ago, and are now coming back to hand the keys over. It may be
>>that they left just twenty years ago, as the humans started to arrive.
>>But it may be that they left much earlier.
>
> I think the evidence in at the crater Horn finds. It is ringed with a
> circle of blue
> glass and the plant growth in circle is newer growth shrubbery compared to
> the surrounding
> mature trees. I think that's where the ship took off. So how long does it
> take a barren,
> burnt blast crater to grow shrubbery? I guess 20 years might work though
> perhaps somewhat
> fewer in Blue years?

Indeed, it had also occurred to me that the pit might well be a blast pit
for one of the Neighbours' space vehicles.  However I'd be inclined to
expect a blast pit to have vent chambers to the sides which weren't
mentioned, so I didn't put it forward as a suggestion.

I'm not sure they went to their new place in ordinary space vessels,
though... It's almost as if they went to another dimension...

- Gerry Quinn