(urth) Flora and Fauna

Marc Aramini marcaramini at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 8 13:05:58 PST 2011

And for valid reproduction to continue, its always got to be an animal or animal product with a plant or plant product under that naming system, with the plant being the fecund operator.  I think this plant/animal hybridism/mating is written into the text so deeply it is difficult to get around.

By Empires of Foliage and Flower you had the sages, sentient vegetation with power over time, or at least, that is the power Father Thyme displayed, a city which translated means Green, etc.  Just been trying to see if there was any sign of this sentient vegetation in New Sun, since nobody likes the quote where Sev in the very first chapter or two thinks about how the new sun will make leaves spring to life and make a brush run up a tree.  Once I got in a debate over whether that was a hairbrush or like, you know, vegetative brush.  Don't care to repeat that one.  Better to look for other examples.