(urth) Merger

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 07:26:55 PST 2011

> Yes; as The Word, He says the way it is going to be. However, by
> definition, all Christians affirm that the Father is the one who Makes
> when they say the Creed. I suppose this could be a product of the
> ambiguity between "everything maker" and "all ruler". I would agree
> that the Logos rules all is the intent of the Scriptures; perhaps the
> Father and Son jointly inaugurate creation, with the Maker speaking
> the Logos. I can't locate my interlinear just now to verify, but it
> could explain the plural "elohim" in use.

It is an error (within Augustinian theology) to think of Father, Son,
and Holy Spirit as though they were different persons comprising a
single entity...like Potto, Lemur, and Loris comprising the Ayuntamiento
(I'm not saying you are making this mistake. I'm actually not sure.).
Jesus said "I and the Father are one" and "If you have seen me, you have
seen the Father". When the introduction of the Gospel of John says "The
Word was with God and the Word was God" I think the implication is that
it is irrelevant whether you say "The Father made the World" or "The Son
made the World". The two are equivalent in that sense and either
statement is true.

You bring up an interesting point,however. Creeds and laws are
indicators of controversies within a sect or society. I wonder what
issue the First Council of Nicea was dealing with when they settle on
"The Father Almighty, Maker of all things" and "The Son of God...by whom
all things were made."

u+16b9