(urth) Merger

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 19:35:17 PST 2011

>>> I have understood them to mean the same thing. The Uncreated Creator
>>> of All made the Creation.
>>
>> What he said.  "Increate" is like "Prime Mover"--there is only one
>> such thing, and it is the ultimate cause of all other things.
>
> I don't think this agrees with trinitarian doctrine; all three Persons
> are uncreated, but the Father is the maker of heaven and earth. The
> Son and the Holy Spirit inform and influence but don't seem to
> directly create.

No. I don't this is probably the case. John 1 says:
"In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word
was God. The same was with God in the beginning. All things were made by
him and without him nothing was made that was made."

Jehovah Witnesses read this as "All things were made by God", but it
appears that most scholars agree with Augustinian and  Arian theology
and read it as "All things were made by Word".

u+16b9