(urth) Sev's family tree/gender bender

Gerry Quinn gerryq at indigo.ie
Tue Feb 1 14:08:23 PST 2011

From: "Lee Berman" <severiansola at hotmail.com>

> The attraction the old person has for Fechin's face doesn't seem very
> masculine to me, unless
> in a homosexual way. But Fechin can get anything from women, even a
> precious piece of real paper.
> The old person being a woman explains a lot of this for me.

*************************************
I can't remember what her name was, but she was truly beautiful, the way the
quietest are sometimes. I never knew up till then that Fechin knew her, but
he asked me to wait, and I sat down on the first step in front of the gate."
[--]

"He wasn't inside long, but when he came out, with the girl looking out the
window, I knew what they had done. I looked at him, and he spread those
long, thin, monkey arms. How could he share what he'd had? In the end, he
made the girl give me half a loaf of bread and some fruit. He drew my
picture on one side of the paper and the girl's on the other, but he kept
the pictures."

How could he share what he'd had?  Very easily, surely, if the speaker was a
girl!

That suggests that the speaker was male, and if he is indeed indicating an
attraction to Fechin, it was a homosexual one.  Evidently Fechin was not
much into androgyny.

- Gerry Quinn