(urth) (no subject)

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 23 06:22:07 PST 2011

>Gerry Quinn: The experts don’t just tell me how it works, they produce extensive
>and consistent mathematical models covering a wide range of domains and invite me
>to pick holes in them, or carry out any experiment that might invalidate them.
>Lee is spouting a tired old argument which uses cultural relativism to assail all
>notions of objective truth.

As I see it, if it is human-created it is, by definition, not objective truth. How
could it be? Only God is objective. The rest of us were gestated in a womb and raised
in an ape-like family and social community. No big black rectangles around that I can
see...Math and science can have no claim on universal truth until we have multiple
alien races across the universe demonstrating identical use.

Cultural relativism? That's good! Using a political/social term as judgement of
one's own universal superiority is what I was talking about in the previous post.
Scientist= Priest.