(urth) S&S vs. SF in BotNS

Dan'l Danehy-Oakes danldo at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 08:47:08 PST 2011

Gerry Quinn wrote:

>> > And in chems?  Or Whorl gods?
>
>> Precisely.
>
> The trouble is, I am finding it hard to tell what you are apparently being
> so precise about.

Would that I had the humility to have such candor about my ignorance
and/or misunderstanding!

I am suggesting -- no, I am _saying_ that the soul is precisely the
same thing in chems and Whorl gods, and that the soul is personally
and directly created by God (or, if you will, the Outsider)
irrespective of whether the body is produced by biology or technology.
That is, if a being is ensoulled, it is ensoulled by God.

Thus, when Typhon uploads his memories as Pas, his soul does not
travel with them. If Pas has a soul, it is a new soul created by God.

--
Dan'l Danehy-Oakes