(urth) Agia's Weapons

Daniel Petersen danielottojackpetersen at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 11:51:38 PST 2011

On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 7:33 PM, Lee Berman <severiansola at hotmail.com>wrote:

> Daniel Petersen:
> http://silkandhornheresy.blogspot.com/2010/06/reading-wolfe-is-dream-like-another.html

> Nice essay, Daniel! I found the graphic intriguing as well. The dagger put
> me in mind
>
> of a topic from the past which might be worth bringing up- Agia's weapons.

Ha, thanks, Lee!  (You just got on my good side - let's see how long you
can stay there, heh heh.)

The rest of your post is unfortunately beyond me.  I'm not that intimate
with the minutiae of New Sun yet.  But I think a study of weaponry on Urth
would be very fascinating and fruitful.  I'll venture the one comment that
*if* her 'lucivee' is indeed a claw of sorts, I would bet all that Wolfe
was aware of its play off of the Claw of the Conciliator.  One comparison
is that hers is for aggression toward others whereas the Claw harms the
Conciliator for the healing of others (as Severian has it in his meditation
at one point:  I'm not going to dig out the reference right now).

-DOJP