(urth) Gummed-Up Works or Got Lives?

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 17 13:03:10 PST 2011

>Jerry Friedman: If you ask about your contributions to the list, the only way

>I can answer is by insulting you, and there have been more than enough insults...

>I'd better clarify that.  Though I disagree with much of what you say about Wolfe,

>the only things that tempt me to personal abuse are your stratagems.

Heh, yep. The threat of an insult is about the same as an insult. But don't worry

Jerry. No need to mince words with me. It should be clear by now that I invest no

pride in my contributions here. My choice in "strategem" is dictated by the result

achieved. The crowd in here represents a unique and unusual subset of humanity, god

bless them.  If I feel pushed to play the role of fool or asshole it is a shame but

so be it. Feel free to call me on it. It won't bother me at all.