(urth) Gummed-Up Works or Got Lives?

Gerry Quinn gerry at bindweed.com
Fri Dec 16 08:59:31 PST 2011

From: David Stockhoff

> Dead on. Much of our Western myths, and as they are perpetuated today by
> Hollywood, involve the brave and capable few who are besieged by the
> weak and cowardly many. This has little basis in reality, of course, and
> it has always struck me as a bit pathological.
It does form a good basis for a thrilling story, with unequivocally virtuous characters for the audience to identify with, and villains who may be despatched in interesting ways without invoking feelings of guilt, or decreasing the villain supply.  I suspect such stories have been popular in most cultures.
Even the Ascians can enjoy the story of a lone hero who wins out by his persistence in the face of vicissitudes from the multitude.
- Gerry Quinn