(urth) Gummed-Up Works or Got Lives?

Sergei SOLOVIEV soloviev at irit.fr
Fri Dec 16 07:47:16 PST 2011

Sergei Soloviev wrote:

as I already tried to make a point, it is not (to my mind) the
opposition between
"materialist" and "spiritualist" view, it is much more serious opposition
within religious approach - between "false" and "true" miracles. I often
feel that Gerry is very critical to bold theories of others because he
wants to distinguish between these - to find "true message". A very
critical view of "ready made" miracles is (to give an example) in
a brilliant way expressed by G. K. Chesterton in his Father Brown stories.
I often agree with Gerry because I think that Wolfe's stories are subtle
and deep enough to look for this message, and deserve careful reading
(without jumping to far reaching conclusions) more than the role of
starting point
for promoting theories based on few details out of context.

I should confess also that I am rather scandalized by accusations
addressed to
Gerry in neglecting the text - I think the accusers are more guilty in that.

regards

S.