(urth) Two Siyufs?

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 7 05:09:23 PST 2011

>Jerry Friedman: In fact, I'd say it's the anti-Connecticut-Yankee.
>I don't remember any way in  which Able's modern knowledge, skills,
>or values help him in the medieval-ish world (but will be happy to be
>corrected).  I imagine Wolfe was making that point intentionally.

I agree. Judging from interviews, this may be one of the major points
Wolfe hopes to convey with his work- that ancient peoples were just as
intelligent and capable of understanding the world as we are. If we
have an advantage over them, it is not so much that we have advanced
technology but that we have Christ.