(urth) Severa

Jerry Friedman jerry_friedman at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 3 16:00:53 PST 2011

> From: Lee Berman <severiansola at hotmail.com>

>>Any idea what her coloring was before Talos transformed her?
>
>She is a thin woman with straggling hair. The lack of information regarding her hair color is
>
>interesting, as Wolfe seems later to reveal it through the odd revelation of her pubic hair
>
>resembling a downy chick (i.e. golden).

Chicks can be brown or black, as an image search will show you.  I suspect that we are supposed to think of the golden color, though, as you say.  Also that Dr. Talos made the cuffs match the collars, as Gerry quoted, for artistic completeness and because Jolenta was going to appear nude as Jahi (or were she, Severian, and Dorcas wearing some kind of body stocking or g-string?)

Jerry Friedman