(urth) S&S vs. SF in BotNS

António Pedro Marques entonio at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 08:26:38 PST 2011

Dave Lebling wrote (23-12-2011 15:55):
> I'm curious what you think I (and you, if you followed the link) have
> seen, then. Stockhoff's response, puerile as it is, is at least
> comprehensible.
My reply is perfectly comprehensible, even if it may not be explanatory.
What you and everyone else have seen who followed the link is a 'video' of
concentric bluish circles. Through _belief_ in Science and its round shape,
you accepted the description of it as a photo of an electron. However, it is
not one. If it really is true, it's a rendering of the difraction caused on
a stream of photons by the successive electron ionisation events. But that
is not a photo as is commonly understood, which involves reflection, nor of
'an electron', nor is it a photo in a sense that would constitue autonomous
evidence for the reality of electrons, though it may be corroborating of the
model. Images of electrons, as the term 'image' is understood, are not
possible, if they were there'd be something seriously wrong with the
Standard Model. Electrons aren't little rubber balls.