(urth) Agia's Weapons

Gerry Quinn gerry at bindweed.com
Wed Dec 21 12:35:57 PST 2011

From: Lee Berman

> I would think the Plan of Inire is similar to the Plan of Pas- maintain the  little world
> which has been created for the purpose of entertaining the demiurge, pitting humans
> against each other in wars and tangled love affairs. Pas had a smaller stage to work with
> than Inire but both were after stasis and stifled growth and against evolution. They liked the
> nasty little world they had created and didn't want it washed away. Naturally this is
> allegory to our earth.

No, The Plan of Pas was to disembark.  “Those who descend serve Pas best.”  It was Echidna and her allies who wanted stasis; that’s why Pas was killed.

Pas may have started off as a tyrant, but he seems to have been a good god to the universe he created (the ultimate case of a character growing into his role?).  Perhaps the chaos created by the disembarkation and the need to force it on the unwilling Cargo mirrors the necessary devastation of Urth arising from the coming of the New Sun.

- Gerry Quinn