(urth) S&S vs. SF in BotNS

Daniel Petersen danielottojackpetersen at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 01:02:31 PST 2011

Ok, Jerry, so I think you, like me, have 'magical' as a subset of
'supernatural' or 'paranormal'.  But, if not in terms of spells, etc., then
in what sense are these phenomena 'magical'?  (I think I normally think
there has to be some human agency in terms of cooperation with greater
powers through arcane [and usually uncertain] rules or rituals.  That's the
kind of stuff I feel I don't see in BotNS.  If the Thecla ritual eating is
to be thought of this way, then, for once, I'd probably tend toward a more
'scientific' explanation as has been discussed.)

-DOJP