(urth) instant new fan

Daniel Petersen danielottojackpetersen at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 10:40:32 PST 2011

Oh yes, Antonin: happens to me all the time.  Dan Simmons, for example,
writes a very compelling yard in perfectly capable prose.  But if I read
him too close to an immersive reading of Wolfe, I'll find myself
distactedly pining for Wolfean prose.  And, as you say, once I'm into the
swing of any good writer's less-than-the-Wolfean-ideal prose, I thoroughly
enjoy myself.  (I've been planning to check out Stephenson for some time.)

-DOJP