(urth) instant new fan

Daniel Petersen danielottojackpetersen at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 16:59:03 PST 2011

Thought people here might enjoy seeing that new readers are still
discovering Wolfe for the very first time and being instantly enchanted.  A
friend of mine (an aspiring writer) who loves Tolkien and China Mieville
finally, at my persistent insistence, obtained BotNS and posted this to me
on Facebook just now about what he's read so far:

'I love the languid, ivy-wrapped prose that Wolfe writes in. I've been
discovering that this is a style I find myself entranced by when I read it.
I was not long ago working through Titus Groan and found myself ensconced
by many of the same elements that I'm loving in Wolfe's writing. Mr. Wolfe
seems much better at marrying plot and poesy than Mr. Peake, however.

I'm very excited about what waits around the corner. BotNS seems like the
kind of novel I dream of writing.'

Some pretty apt comments, I thought.

-DOJP