(urth) Gummed-Up Works or Got Lives?

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 16 11:21:28 PST 2011

>>Many have expressed dismay at the vitriol and extended
>> length of some of the argument/debates in here. But there is one person
>> who has never expressed this dismay: Gerry Quinn. Is he really an object of
>> pity?

>Gerry Quinn: The fox expressed dismay when the scorpion stung him halfway across the
>river.  A wiser fox would have recognised the scorpion for what he was and treated
>him with wariness, thus removing the cause for dismay.

Excellent post and analogy, Gerry. I had actually thought it was a frog carrying the
scorpion but an internet search shows both animals are used. I understand your choice.
The fox is less sympathetic than the frog and he SHOULD be crafty enough to know
whom he is ferrying.

Likewise, anyone here who ventures into a debate with you has had ample history to
know what they are getting into. You will never give in and you will always have the
last word. In one version of the story: