(urth) Father Inire

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 4 10:11:10 PST 2011

>> To me (Rudesind) seems a lot like Father Inire, who is short.

>Gerry Quinn: The above is a circular argument.

There is nothing circular about it. It is a straight comparison.

Both Rudesind and Father Inire are old, bent and monkey-like. I

think it likely they are also both short. You see? No circle.

Neither is that an argument. I am stating my opinion. I guess you

are arguing that your opinion is better than mine. But it isn't a very

strong argument given the source. Your objectivity is severely lacking.

You really, really want to be right, even when such a thing is not

achievable.

>In fact, the only time we see someone who clearly seems to be Father Inire

>in disguise, he is wearing a mask that entirely covers his head.

How do you manage to see clearly through a mask, Gerry? Or is it your opinion

you are stating, rather than making an argument?

>The likely implication is that Inire is identifiable as a cacogen when his face

>is visible.  Does the text suggest anywhere that Inire can convincingly pass for

>human when his face is not hidden?

Only if you recognize all the places that Father Inire passes for human, which you

do not. Keep it simple, Gerry. You are comfortable with that and it gives you a

sense of rightness which is very important to you.  You already know the right

answers so there is no reason to continue challenging yourself in this manner.