(urth) Wolfean epiphany

Jeff Wilson jwilson at clueland.com
Fri Dec 2 14:10:52 PST 2011

On Fri, December 2, 2011 15:59, David Stockhoff wrote:
> Why is this a clue to a strange and climactic scene of UNS? Because the
> unmanning was not a random punishment. There were surely practical
> reasons for it, but I think Wolfean logic demanded it. It's ridiculously
> simple. Positive is balanced with negative, presence with absence.
> Either you pass and your genitals contribute to a mythic regeneration or
> you fail and they no longer exist.

This seems culturally relative, and not particularly of a BotNS-wide
culture; in Norse myth, which is very much a part of the mix, missing body
parts indicate the opposite outcome of a fruitful sacrifice: Heads for
wisdom, eyes for knowledge, hands for justice.

--
Jeff Wilson - < jwilson at clueland.com >
A&M Texarkana Computational Intelligence Lab