(urth) Pike's ghost

Larry Miller decanus1284 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 11:26:19 PST 2011

I think the most important clue that Wolfe gives us regarding Inire is
his letter.  In  the letter he mentions his "cousins" and says that it
will not be long before they side not only with humanity but with
"us".  Who are these cousins? And why are they so reluctant to side
with humanity?  Who does the us refer to (Inire and Severian? The
Commonwealth?)?