(urth) Round 2 of NPR top 100 sci-fi books of all time

Lane Haygood lhaygood at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 19:09:47 PDT 2011

I went with

1. Book of the New Sun
2. Gentleman Bastards (Lies of Locke Lamora)
3. Prince of Nothing
4. Song of Ice and Fire
5. Chronicles of Amber
6. Conan
7. Black Company
8. Elric
9. The Left Hand of Darkness
10. Anathem

I felt bad leaving off Leiber (was he even on there?), Anathem, and
maybe Rothfuss' Kingkiller Chronicles, and Memory, Sorrow and Thorn,
but... well... I could only pick so many, and I picked those that had
either the best intellectual value (Wolfe, Bakker, Stephenson) or the
largest influence on fantasy writing (Moorcock, Martin, Cook).

LH

I guess that says a lot about me and my tastes, huh?