(urth) completed version - Donaldson, Moorcock etc

Craig Brewer cnbrewer at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 9 19:45:07 PDT 2011

As long as we're all in a non-Wolfe-talking mood, does anyone have any recommendations for GOOD steampunk? I've only read a spattering (Vandermeer, Mieville, and random others), but I'd be interested to know of things that people enjoy that weren't written just to fit a fad.

(One note: from my largely inattentive observation: most of the really interesting steampunk stuff happens in sculpture and gadgetry, not writing. Is that valid?)