(urth) choices

Jeff Wilson jwilson at clueland.com
Sat Aug 6 12:14:51 PDT 2011

On 8/4/2011 4:02 PM, Sergei SOLOVIEV wrote:
> Dear members -
>
> I didn't vote (just missed the vote), but I am
> puzzled by the fact that two of the books sometimes chosen
> (Thomas Covenant and Elric) were truly repulsive to me. I tried to
> analyse why,
> in case of Elric I concluded that it seems to me full of (slightly
> veiled) plagiarism
> on the level of ideas and images

Could you say more about why Elric is repulsive? I mean, I know he's an
antihero in the literal sense, intentionally being written to have
opposite attributes to Conan, for instance, but I didn't catch any
veiled plagiarism or excessive quotation, but that might be out of lack
of familiarity with previous genre material.

Jeff Wilson - jwilson at clueland.com
< http://www.tamut.edu/CIL >