(urth) Fw: scenes from movie "Death of Doctor Island"

Jeff Wilson jwilson at io.com
Fri Apr 29 01:12:16 PDT 2011

On 4/29/2011 2:45 AM, Gerry Quinn wrote:

> From: "Jeff Wilson" <jwilson at io.com>
>

>>> I don't know what the deal with the CGI is. It seems to me that this
>>> story could be done just fine without too much in the way of expensive
>>> effects.
>>
>> Inferring from the producers' bios, I would say it's likely that the CGI
>> is the whole reason for doing the film, like a star vehicle is for
>> showing
>> off the star. They thing in their favor is that the tech advances and
>> commoditizes so the longer it gets held up the cheaper it will become to
>> finish.
>
> But the actors will be too old to finish it!

I believe all the principal photography is done, and I imagine they have
HD closeups of their bodies in various positions sufficient to make
meshes of them to cover any virtual re-shoots that turn out to be
necessary. The young Arnold appeared in T4, after all.

Remember the model scanning in LOOKER? We're there.

Jeff Wilson - jwilson at io.com
< http://www.tamut.edu/CIL >