(urth) Drotte-Roche mixup

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 09:48:05 PDT 2011

I'm glad it helped, David.

My answers to a lot of your questions are implied by my explanation at
the link I gave.

I'll take a shot a few of them anyway.

1) I believe we are tipped about origins of some of the chem's souls. I
think Sand for example is Typhon himself. I think that is the source of
Silk's speculation in Blood's house about he and Sand being "brothers"
in some broader Outsider's world. I think Silk and Sand being --in a
way-- Typhon is why they were key to resurrecting him. If you buy that
Mamelta was the original Kypris then she is a good candidate for Marble
(if you accept this, then there are references that will buttress that
Mamelta/Kypris was the mother of the original Silk).

If one accepts that Auk is also a clone, then there are references to
argue that Auk/Hammerstone are sort-of twins in a similar way that Silk
and Sand are twins.

2) It is theoretically possible for Mamelta be possessed by the Marble's
scan. The possibility is suggested by the ability of Whorl gods to
possess bios. It is simpler to just say that Kypris is a scan of Mamelta.

3) There is no reason that a single scan could not be used for multiple
chems. That would be more efficient.

4) I do not believe Betel was a chem. For my answer to that and as for
where the hands came from, see the link.