(urth) Introduction and Breath

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Tue Apr 19 05:02:38 PDT 2011

I agree that errors so proximate to a claim of perfect memory are
particularly suspect. But I would think they would be more significant,
i.e., intended to misdirect the reader from something Severian does not
want the reader to see, not simply highlight his fallibility, although
that's possible.

On a related note, the other day I saw in a used book sale a dictionary
of premodern sexual slang. Why oh why did I not pick it up?