(urth) "Realistic fiction leaves out too much." - Gene Wolfe

Marc Aramini marcaramini at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 30 07:32:36 PDT 2011

--- On Sat, 4/30/11, Gerry Quinn <gerryq at indigo.ie> wrote:

I have to wonder whether it can be problematic for a writer to feel like that - does it lead to an obsessive concern with *concealing* the story, lest any reader recognise it before the last page?

- Gerry Quinn

 Don't worry, Wolfe is so good at concealing it even the last page won't help.

However, except for maybe some inscrutable nonsensical word plays by Joyce, I've never had so much fun re-reading with notes as I have with Wolfe, so I like it.

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----