(urth) Geography of the Whorl

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Thu Apr 21 16:15:52 PDT 2011

Very roughly, yes. Not that it would mean much anyway. But Silk seems to
be the closest thing to an overtly Christian character anywhere in
Wolfe. His world seems more than vaguely Mediterranean in climate and
culture as well. If the Commonwealth is patterned in part after South
America, then surely the Whorl could have had another model that we can
identify.

I could be wrong about the shape of the lake anyway. But I recall the
town is at one end of it.