(urth) Strongly unreliable narrators

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 14:44:48 PDT 2011

Essentially, an unreliable narrator is someone who:

a) has motivation to distort the truth

b) is obviously debilitated somehow in his perceptive/interpretive ability

There must always be a likelihood significant truth to the story or else
narrator and the author merge into one voice -- that is, he is not a
narrator, he is a spinner of tales.