(urth) Drotte-Roche mixup

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Tue Apr 19 04:49:27 PDT 2011

Sorry, I forgot to actually say what I was talking about. I meant the
wrapping-a-body-in-a-body thing specifically. (If a body meet a body
wrapped in a body coming through the rye...)

Rose's hands appear to be gloves of a kind, that seem to work on both
bios and chems by covering the limb, not replacing it. That is, I doubt
Rose actually lost her limbs and needed new ones---she merely lost the
use of them due to extreme age.

But of course this kind of thing is just a subcategory of prostheses and
cyborg-robotics in general among Wolfe's characters.

On 4/18/2011 10:36 PM, Jeff Wilson wrote:
> On 4/18/2011 6:00 PM, David Stockhoff wrote:
>> Ahhh ... that makes sense. I did not know Rose was actually in Marble's
>> hands, or that her hands were not flesh. That explains my confusion.
>>
>> Wolfe has a thing for that, doesn't he---Sidero, for example?
>
> and Jonas, and Thecla, and Chelle, and Nicky De Vore....

---
Virus Database (VPS): 110418-1, 04/18/2011
Tested on: 4/19/2011 7:49:28 AM