(urth) note Re: Short Sun blog

Dan'l Danehy-Oakes danldo at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 12:51:54 PDT 2010

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 12:46 PM, Nick Lee <starwaterstrain at gmail.com> wrote:

> Also, this idea that aliens could be
> non-carbon based is just wild theory. We have no idea what aliens would look
> like, and in all likelihood they are carbon-based because that's easiest way
> for life to arise.

While it's true that 100% of the life forms we know are carbon based,
we are looking at a very localized sample. We have no idea what
chemical or other bases may actually produce life. Any physical
structure which can replicate itself (just-slightly-imperfectly), and
exists in an environment in which it can do so, is likely to become
some sort of life.

--
Dan'l Danehy-Oakes