(urth) note Re: Short Sun blog

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Mon Sep 27 05:47:45 PDT 2010

  If he was born on Urth, and had to conquer Urth, that would tend to
rule out any previous association with the existing empire, either for
him or for Urth. But it's still possible.

Another angle is that, in a novel filled with backstory and plots
revolving around an Epitome of Urth, it might be thematically consistent
to assume Typhon was Urthly and was at the time the "best" of Urth.

If he did not directly inherit the star empire, and Urth did not come
with it, then either (a) he joined and brought the empire to Urth or (b)
he conquered Urth himself (consistent with Mamelta) and then went on to
the other planets. I admit "b" is more surprising. than
"a."