(urth) note Re: Short Sun blog

Jane Delawney jane_delawney at sky.com
Sun Sep 26 17:56:28 PDT 2010

On 26/09/10 12:10, Lee Berman wrote:
> All these fantastic biological processes are casually accepted yet a slight
> protein readjustment in the histamines of a human-appearing alien by the best
> doctors of an interplanetary empire to suppress organ rejection is deemed
> impossible?

Not impossible; just very very improbable :)

Unless it is to be believed that all lifeforms everywhere in the
universe share a common biochemistry, it's about as believable that an
alien Typhon would be able to receive human organs (or body parts,
whatever) as it is that a human woman would be able to bear the child of
an alien being with copper-based blood, as occurs in that well known
/fantasy/ series Star Trek.

I'd have no objection at all to the notion if Typhon were alleged to be
an individual of human bloodstock who happened to have been born off
world - but that does not seem to be the hypothesis under discussion.

jd