(urth) Urth Digest, Vol 73, Issue 45

Jeff Wilson jwilson at io.com
Thu Sep 23 15:29:15 PDT 2010

On 9/23/2010 4:34 PM, Mr Thalassocrat wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 5:37 AM, Dan'l Danehy-Oakes <danldo at gmail.com
> <mailto:danldo at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     Ummmm.
>
>     Typhon is the _last_ Monarch. That there were more than one is
>     evidenced by the chain of mountains carved into the likenesses of
>     Monarchs; that he is the last is evidenced by his being succeeded by
>     the first Autarch.
>
>     Ergo, I don't believe he built the Empire.
>
> Hang on - I'm pretty sure that it says somewhere that Typhon was the
> *first* to carve a mountain, and that the *Autarchs* continued the silly
> practice. No?

Typhon is the first to carve his face into the western Andes, at least.
The Autarchs that follow do likewise, but there semms also to be a
succession of Autarchs before Typhon, or at least a succession of people
whose minds are inherited by the post-Typhon succession. URTH, XLI: "and
I began, as I walked on, to search those veiled lives that lie behind
the last, memories that I have scarcely mentioned in this narrative,
that dim as they grow stranger and stretch backward, perhaps, to Ymar,
and behind Ymar to the Age of Myth."

Jeff Wilson - jwilson at io.com
< http://www.tamut.edu/CIL >