(urth) Short Sun blog review

Mo Holkar lists at ukg.co.uk
Tue Sep 21 15:03:21 PDT 2010

At 19:55 21/09/2010, Dan'l wrote:
>4. Wolfe thought, "Wouldn't it be cool if the chief god was
>Typhon...?" and thus tied the whole thing to tBotNS.

At that point, the answer really could have been "No, maybe it
wouldn't actually", imo.

When, on reading the books, it became apparent, my reaction wasn't
that delightful feeling of opening up of possibilities and of
ideational space, but more a wary sinking feeling. I was slightly
mollified by the clever stuff that turned up on revisiting Urth, but
even so I feel it would probably have been more conceptually
satisfactory to have kept the worldspaces separate.

But is that just me? Do the rest of you feel that it all ties
together brilliantly?

Mo

# ~ # ~ #

WolfeWiki -- a wiki about Gene Wolfe