(urth) The face of Pas

Roy C. Lackey rclackey at stic.net
Wed Sep 15 12:17:22 PDT 2010

James Wynn quoted and wrote:
> > Roy-
> > Look at your above assertions about what Cilinia could or could not have
had
> > to do with the founding of the Chapter, and that it was done by
"Typhon's
> > committees". Where did you get that?
>
>  From an interview I recalled with Wolfe where he discussed how the
> Writings were put together. But, mainly, Typhon didn't strike me as a
> big reader.
>

> > Roy-
> > I stated what the text had to say about
> > it, along with corroborative indications that the infrastructure for the
> > Chapter was in place from the get-go.
> > Which position merits more skepticism?
>
> Correction: You stated what *Remora* said the Charter said about it. You
> can't just say "the text says". Context is key.

Yes it is, James. You seem to be confusing Chapter and Charter. Look back at
what I wrote. You broke up my paragraph, which is perfectly okay, but the
antecedent for the pronoun "it" in the second half of the paragraph is in
the first half of the paragraph, i.e., the founding of the Chapter. The
Remora quote had to do with the Charter, but the earlier quote about the
founding of the Chapter was from Lemur.

-Roy