(urth) Oreb's Powers of Speech

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 11:17:29 PDT 2010

  At the end of RttW Oreb says "Good Fishing".
This statement as odd on a number of levels, of course, but one way that
it did is that it felt like a FAIL regarding Oreb's characteristic
powers of speech. Only two words, fine, but THREE syllables. But  I
figured, well, it's Wolfe's story.

However, while rereading interviews yesterday I came across this
statement by Wolfe:

http://www.sfsite.com/03b/gw124.htm

Wolfe: "Of course all of us speak differently to different audiences.
Auk talks like I do when I'm talking to the dogs. Almost no one seems to
notice how Oreb talks, but _Oreb can manage only two syllables_: 'Good
bird! Watch out! Bad boy. Iron girl. Good Silk!' "

I don't know what it signifies, but based on what Wolfe says, it ought
to mean something.

u+16b9