(urth) Names on the Whorl

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Fri Sep 10 04:53:59 PDT 2010

  Yes! I knew there must be some reason Wolfe chose them, other than
pointing to an Earthly past.

I wonder if Typhon's intent was to erase all memory of Urth in peoples'
names. Naming themselves after objects in their environment, and their
environment itself, must be a good way to do that.

It also makes the Whorlians seem more autochthonous.