(urth) Names on the Whorl

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Mon Sep 6 13:25:55 PDT 2010

  Is it possible that paternal/family names are animals, and
children's/first names are usually parts or products of those animals?

It just occurred to me that someone said Blood was Pike's son. That
would be a third case, after the Horn/Sinew/etc. system and the Silk
from Tussah system. If Blood had a brother, it might be Scale or Fin.

No?