(urth) GUTs and so on

Gerry Quinn gerryq at indigo.ie
Sat Sep 4 12:22:59 PDT 2010

From: "Lee Berman" <severiansola at hotmail.com>

> I think the Shadow Children of St. Croix got their first taste of humanity
> and
> intelligence and shape with a single crash landing. This allowed them to
> turn
> into abos. Later, with colonization, they just hit the jackpot with regard
> people to imitate.

As I read it, the Shadow Children are the degenerate remnants of the
original human discoverers of St. Croix. The hillmen and marshmen are the
St. Croix aborigines who took on the discoverers' original form.  They were
already of human appearance when the psychic shield surrounding the twin
planets was removed and the French colonists came.

To some degree they merged with the incoming colonist population and in
select cases such as Marsch they replaced individuals.

- Gerry Quinn